I then ran into the ladies and the kind lady..(bless u nini) poured some water in my eye hoping it wuld make the insect float..for where! It just made the now desperate insect flutter more and cling unto my eardrum. I thought I was going mad….I can explain how horrifying the whole ordeal was.
After pouring water for about ten minutes we thought we had drowned it as I could feel no more pain or fluttering..but alas…it was not to be . I ran to the car screaming in agony.
My husband and I drove to a General Hospital with my finger firmly planted in my ear. When we got to the ER we were left there for 10 minutes waiting for the lady who would give us card..NAIJA. The Guy there just told us to wait and ignored us. However luckily my husband a doctor himself called an ENT specialist who told us to pour 5ml of mehylated sprit down my ear to kill the insect and then see him the next day. Later I read that i could have poured baby oil and that would have suffocated the insect and also may have made it float out of my ear.
The next day we rushed to see the ENT doctor who to my amazemnet brought out a vile looking insect the size of an extra large housefly . God deliver us from wicked insects!